Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Hello, World

So, this is a blog.

I'm setting this up for a variety of reasons. I'm doing this right now because I'm putting off doing homework. However, the real reason is to have something to bounce ideas off of. I am interested in how things work, and why they are the way they are, which is relatively easy in the case of math and science, it isn't in the case of philosophy.

If I want to, say, learn more about differential topology or Lie algebras, there are places I can look and people I can talk to, and I can be reasonably sure that they are neutral. Science is a bit harder, but you can still do it. However, possibly due to my own ignorance, almost everything I've been able to find about philosophy, morality and religion has been obscure, incomprehensible, unbelievably pretentious, or biased. Therefore, I've resorted to trying to figure things out on my own.

However, doing so requires time and people to talk about things with, which I don't always have. So, in writing this blog, I hope to hash out and my own philosophical, moral and religious ideas, as well as anything else that pops into my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment